Re: Have a question

On date Thursday 2007-05-03 02:09:30 +0300, Alexi Rioheiz gnomed:
> 2007/5/3, Stefano Sabatini <stefano sabatini-lala poste it>:
>
> >Simply add to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
> >deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ experimental main contrib non-free
> >or whatever works for you.
>
> So, what should I do in the next step? Which differences should I see here?
> I use synaptic, and nothing newest here is not appeared :(
> (I do reload, etc, but versions still old and no new)

Sorry, I tried it myself, you have to also add:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

(or maybe it's a better idea to keep only this line and delete the
experimental repository?) then update the repository index with:
sudo apt-get update

or in synaptic with reload. Then you should see many gnome 2.18
packages, ready to be installed (and maybe broke your system ;-), so
be careful).

HTH, cheers
--
Stefano Sabatini