Re: Need info now: Bouncingcow screensaver !?

Interesting, I didn't know there were two different screensaver packages, and I am using the xscreensaver.

I am having a problem with Gnome (running Fedora 6) - when I boot up, I get a message about "could not run Gnome settings daemon" (EVERY TIME, 100%), and a few things don't work, but the only one that really bothered me was the screensaver.

On my old system (RH 7.0) I used xscreensaver, so I just added that to the list of things to run at startup and now I have no problems. I suppose I ought to try to fix that "settings daemon" thing ... but I'm getting set to install Fedora 7 on my alternate partition, and with luck that will fix it :-) .

Jim Hartley