Re: Quick gripe about gedit key bindings

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 13:15 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

> >Ctrl+Alt+PgUp/PgDn is actually the only shortcut that's guaranteed to
> >work "across the rest of the Gnome tabbed interface UI"-- Ctrl+PgUp/ Dn
> >sometimes fails when the focused widget eats it to do something  else,
> >which resulted in lots of bug reports.  That's why the Alt  variant was
> >added to the notebook widget, and IMHO should really be  the one that's
> >documented wherever we document that sort of thing  (Accessibility
> >Guide?)
>
> Valid reasons indeed.  Should there be a bug raised on gnome-terminal
> then since it _only_ allows Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn?

Well, the terminal is a bit of a special case because its shortcuts are
redefinable, and you can't currently assign multiple shortcuts to the
same function.

But if we were to document Ctrl+Alt+PgUp/PgDn as the default shortcut as
suggested above, then yes, it should be the default in gnome-terminal
too.

Cheeri,
Calum.