Re: Launching Nautilus as su?

On 7/20/07, Giorgos <giorgos67 gmail com> wrote:
Hi! :-)

Does somebody know, how can I launch nautilus, as su?
I'm launching nautilus, as a normal user, and not surprisingly, copy-pasting
is greyed out at many folders.
OK, I'm always able to work with bash. I just wanted to avoid the so much
keyboarding . :-)
(I have installed here the latest stable version of opensuse (with gnome
desktop), but I couldn't found this option).

THANKS!!!
Giorgos. :-)

Hi Giorgos,

The following should do you just fine:

$ su -c "nautilus --no-desktop --browser"

I don't know whether opensuse doesn't give root access by default but
if that won't work then using sudo instead should work:

$ sudo nautilus --no-desktop --browser

(For me, this method stops a GnomeUI warning about an authentication
error against the session manager appearing too.)

Cheers,
Tim