Re: Idea: Systemwide adressbar

On date Wednesday 2007-07-11 00:22:01 +0200, Christoph Mueller gnomed:
> Hi,
>
> I've an idea and want to know what you think about it.
>
> The idea is to have a systemwide adressbar in your operating system,
> that provides the same functionality for desktop applications like the
> adressbar in webbrowsers for web applications.
>
> I described the idea in full on my website:
> http://www.christophm.de/thoughts/systemwide_adressbar/
>
> I think this would be a great feature for the Gnome Desktop.

You described something very simliar to the actual implementation of
Deskbar applet. And I like the idea of the system protocol uri for
each application (of the kind system://inkscape/open?file=~/graphics/).

Cheers.
--
Stefano Sabatini
Linux user number 337176 (see http://counter.li.org)