Re: Desktop Architects

1) why would people who care about configurability so much use GNOME
   in first place, given it's low reputation for configurability? And
   if they have the skills to come up with patches they have the
   skills to use a less user-friendly desktop.

Personally, because this desktop does what I want out of the box 90%+
of the time. The old saying that 1 good default is better than 10
options is true(for me), but 1 good default with 10 options is godly.

Haven't had a look at the gnome code myself, so I can't judge why
patches are so few patches but I think the complexity of the code base
is a factor.

My 0.02$