Network Servers window kills all Nautilus windows in CentOS 5.1?

Originally sent this to the CentOS list, but it's probably a GNOME issue....

In the process of doing something else, I happened to open the Network Servers window from the Places applet menu.  When I did, it killed all my Nautilus windows on all my workspaces.  (I had to experiment a little to prove this, but it did happen.)

Is there an explanation for this and what?

Thanks.

mhr