Re: GLMatrix Screensaver now flashes as it repaints the screen (new/dysfunctional behavior)

hiya,

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 16:17 -0700, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> On 4/18/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich gmail com> wrote:
> > I rebooted my machine this morning and now instead of running normally, my
> > GLMatrix screen saver flashes as it repaints the screen, more and more
> > noticeably as the screen fills up with glyphs.  I didn't change ANYTHING and
> > this was not happening before the boot.
> >
> >  Anyone have any ideas why this might be?
> >
> > CentOS 4.4 Plus on AMD 64 x2 4200+, 2Gb RAM, ECS NForceM4-A mobo, nVidia
> > geForce7100sg video, latest nvidia drivers....
> >
> Update: I watched this distracting behavior for a while, and it seems
> that it is not actually repainting the screen because some of the
> background, lowlighted chains do not appear to be changing, but the
> foreground highlighted chains blink almost in sequence, as if they
> were being individually redrawn vin the order of generation, or in
> order from back to front, or something like that.
>
> I changed to a different screensaver - this was really annoying....

Is this a issue with all GL screensavers ?
Try running glxgears on your system

	$ glxgears

> I would still LOVE to know what was causing this.
Best guess would be, nv driver was being used with software rendering ,
but, as you said nvidia's driver are being used.

--
Ritesh Khadgaray
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ