Re: Gnome keyboard shortcut for logout does not work

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 12:05 -0700, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> I've posted this question in the forums but got no answer.
>
> I set up my desktop so that the keyboard shortcut for logging out is
> <alt>x, but it never works. At most, it flashes all the windows and
> then stays logged in.
>
> 1) Is there a way to make this work? If so, what?
>
> 2) Is there any other way to log out without using my mouse? If so,
> what?
>
> I'm running CentOS 4.4 Plus at work and at home, and have the same
> problem in both places.

I've never tried to log out from a keyboard shortcut.  Did you try a key
other than "x" or a modifier other than "alt"?

Can you configure a shortcut to access the "Desktop" menu?  I use
<alt>F1 to access the Applications menu frequently, but I've never
accessed the other menus with a shortcut.

If that's not possible, you can unite the default menus under one "main
menu" and get to it that way (<alt>F1 to bring up the menu, then move
down to the log out item in the Desktop menu).

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions