Re: Preserving window's minimized state between sessions

On 9/6/06, José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque cox net> wrote:
Hi all.  I'm running a GNU/Linux (Debian) system with GNOME 2.14.3 (I
just love the exquisite look, functionality and feel of the desktop
BTW!  I find I can get everything done easily and efficiently.)

I have a short question:  When I log in, GNOME starts the windows which
I did not close in the previous session.  My question is:  Does anyone
know any way to have these windows "preserve" their minimized state so
that when the new session starts they are minimized?  Sometimes the new
windows sort of "clutter" my desktop and it'd be nice if I can start
them minimized.  Really appreciate any help!  Thanks!

What I did was assign the Windows key to minimize all windows, instead
of the awkward and default Ctrl+Alt+D.