Re: File Manager

Mariano Suárez-Alvarez wrote:
[rearranged so as to avoid top-posting; cf.
<http://homepage.ntlworld.com/g.mccaughan/g/remarks/uquote.html>]

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 03:16 -0500, Diego Escalante wrote:

On 10/28/06, Weatherford.Intl-Michael.Friedrichs
<michael friedrichs weatherford com> wrote:

List,

When I use the file manager I end up with mutliple windows opening as I
search through a directory tree.

What is the setting to not have multiple instances of windows on the screen.

Hi :)

Open a file manager window, click Edit > Preferences.
Select the Behavior tab and mark the option "Always open in browser windows".

You can also Shift-Click to open folders: that will open a new folder
and close the current one.

I would really suggest that you play along with what nautilus is doing
for a while, so as to be able to experience the experience the ‘spatial’
idea tries to provide. *Then*, if you do not like it, go the «Always
open in browser windows»-way.

Just 1 cent,

-- m

Why do you suggest I play along with the Nautilus process of opening multipe windows?????

---MikeF