remove update icon

I'm running Red Hat AS 4 and I want to remove the update icon from the panel so my users don't see it. I was able to remove the sound applet, but I can't seem to remove that update notifier.

Also, once I remove it I plan to dump the panel settings for root and load them into the default settings. Is there anything I need to be concerned about when doing this? Or is it just that simple? The documentation mentions I should change the positions of panel objects from absolute to relative, but it looks like that's already the case. I assume I don't have to worry about that?

Thanks,

Ron