Re: Warning when opening .mp4 video files

Jon napisał(a):
Jasper Thrussell wrote:
Now as far as I know, .mp4 is the correct extension for MPEG4 video
files (I've never heard of a .mp4 document file), so how can I get
nautilus to open the file rather than displaying the warning message?

Using the "open with" command works fine, but it's annoying to have to
do that every time.

I would like to know this as well. Someone else posted about a week ago concerning the same thing (with another file extension) and I've been patiently awaiting a solution. This irritates the hell out of me and there really needs to be a clear way of disabling this unacceptable behavior. ie - in a gconf key.

That window message is extremely annoying and rivals something you would expect from Windows. I know what "represents a security risk" to my system better than a silly popup window. I don't want my software second guessing me. I'll boot into windows for that, thank you... :-)