tabs in gnome-terminal

Hi all,

I am using Gnome 2.14 under Ubuntu 6.06. As a long time gnome user, I had become used to using gnome-terminal with its tabs at the bottom of the windows [for irc, terminal, certain editors, etc, i like tabs to be at the bottom, since that's where i am typing; for browsers, the tabs at the top are better since i read from top to bottom and the url bar is also up there]. I guess that was back in Gnome 1.4 days, and I've only recently updated. :(

I've run gconf-editor 2.14.0 and looked through the gnome-terminal section, but I didn't see anything listed there for moving the tabs to the bottom of the window. I also checked the command line args for gnome-terminal and didn't see anything there.

Is there a way to move the row of tabs to the bottom of gnome- terminal windows?

Thanks for any info y'all can provide.

/vjl/