Nautilus: Cannot open OO.o spreadsheet file by double-click because contents look like JAR file

Hello,

When I double-click the icon for an OpenOffice spreadsheet file in Nautilus, I get an error message which says that altough the extension indicates that it is a spreadsheet, the contents are that of a Java Archive file:

The filename "hours.ods" indicates that this file is of type
"OpenDocument Spreadsheet". The contents of the file
indicate that the file is of type "Java Archive". If you open this
file, the file might present a security risk to your system.

Do not open the file unless you created the file yourself, or
received the file from a trusted source. To open the file,
rename the file to the correct extension for "Java Archive",
then open the file normally. Alternatively, use the Open With
menu to choose a specific application for the file. Initially, the icon is that of an OO.o spreadsheet file. After I recieve this message, the icon turns into a Java icon. I hate having to go to the Open With menu every single time I open an OpenOffice spreadsheet file.
I know what I'm opening, and I don't want Gnome second-guessing me.

Is there a gconf key I can toggle to turn off this behavior? I've googled it, but I haven't figured out the right
search terms to get any hits.

Thanks for the assist!

Duke