Re: control+shift?

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 08:04:46 -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:00:16 +0100
>Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> dijo:
>
>> > 2.16 it seems to be gone. Does anyone know how to get this behaviour
>> > back? I am using Edgy (Ubuntu).
>>
>> I thought this was in the release notes (not sure).
>>
>> Type: CTRL-SHIFT-U, then the UTF-8 characters.
>
>I have only two hands. How do you hold down Ctrl+Shift+U and still have
>a hand free to type the Unicode number? I have Dapper amd-64. Guess I
>better not upgrade to Edgy. I'm a linguistics major and I *must* have
>access to Unicode characters.

You don't need to keep Ctrl+Shift+U pressed while typing the Unicode
number. :-)

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

"Arthur felt at a bit of a loss. There was a whole Galaxy of stuff out
there for him, and he wondered if it was churlish of him to complain
to himself that it lacked just two things: the world he was born on
and the woman he loved."