Re: Clean Up By Name

I noticed there is a file in the user's home directory in .nautilus/metafiles/x-nautilus-desktop:%2F%2F%2F.xml that list the name of every file on the desktop and it's icon_position.

I noticed this file still had the Computer icon in it and the icon_position of "64,22" even though it doesn't get displayed. If I change the position of Home to be "64,22" in this file it works. Of course if I display my Computer icon again it would lay over top of this one. I wouldn't want to do that of course, I was just experimenting.

Now the question is what generates the x-nautilus-desktop file and how can I change the default behavior? I'm guessing I can't unless I want to copy a modified version of this file to everyone's home directory when their account is created - and I won't bother with that for something this trivial.

-Ron

Ron Salyers wrote:
When I right-click on the desktop and choose Clean Up By Name, what does it run? I assume this is controlled by nautilus?

The reason I ask is that I used the gconftool to remove the Computer icon from the default desktop. But, now when a user logs in and gets the default settings, the home directory isn't listed all the way at the top of the page. The space for the Computer icon is still there. How do I get everything rearranged for the default profile?

I know this doesn't really matter and it won't matter if I don't change that. It's just one of those little annoying things that I'd like to see changed.

Thanks,

Ron