Networking

Hi,

My first post to this list.  I can't believe how quiet it is considering
the number of people using Gnome. I'm using Gnome 2.12.3 on Debian Etch and I have some questions about network-admin.

o Why does the Location drop-down get reset to blank upon reboot? This is possibly not relevant but... o Why do my wireless settings (essid and key) get blanked out after reboot, even upon choosing a Location that previously worked? o Does network-admin pay any attention to standard config files such as /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf? If not, where does it store its data? o If no to the above question, how can I access network-admin's functionality from the command line? I want to write network scripts but I'm worried that the likes of ifup and ifdown will conflict with network-admin.

Hope these make sense to somebody.

Antony