RE: Customize a drawer

hi michel,

> I need to customize my Gnome panel by adding a personal
> drawer containing
> launchers for in house developped softwares.
>
> I would like that this personal drawer contains items with
> the look and
> feel of the "Main menu" (a small icon followed by a text).

do you just want to add some items to the "main menu" or do you want to
create a new, a second "main menu", so to say?

regarding the first point you can go to the following "special location" (is
there some gnome-jargon for it?):
applications-all-users:///
means you may enter "applications-all-users:///" in nautilus' location bar.

creating program-associations there results in an altered main menu, which
is visible to all users on-the-fly. if you can see this new association in
the menu, but fellow users of the same machine can not, then you have to cd
to /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/applications-all-users/ and set +rx for world
to all files in there.

regarding the second point, means creating a second "main menu", i have no
idea how to do that. sorry to say, i have never seen something like this
before.

good luck,
christian

p.s. you may want to check the gnome 2.0 admin guide, chapter2, customizing
menus:
http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/latest/ch02s06.html