Re: Copy keybindings from one machine to another?

Hi,

Larry Hunter wrote On 2006-07-19 02:05,:
Folks,

I've put some effort into getting my personal favorite keybindings set
up in Gnome (2.14).  Is there some convenient way of copying those
keybindings to another machine?  It would be so much easier to just copy
something than have to go through gnome-keybinding-properties to set
each by hand....

Your fried might be gconftool-2, it can certainly get the value of certain property and set a value from commandline. This way you can automate the setup of your shortcuts using the shell script that does something like:

$ gconftool-2 --set /apps/metacity/global_keybindings/run_command_1 \
    --type string F12

$ gconftool-2 --set /apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_1 \
    --type string thunderbird

You can also 'gconftool-2 --dump /apps/metacity' to dump your settings into xml, but I didn't find a way how to reimport such xml file back. Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, or it simply is not implemented at all.

In any case, I'm missing this functionality as well :-(

Thanks!
Larry

HTH,
Martin