Re: Choosing a .pdf viewer

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 09:04:10AM -0400, Donald Allen wrote:
> I'm running gnome 2.12.3 on an up-to-date gentoo system. I would like to be
> able to choose the default pdf viewer used by Nautilus when I double-click
> on a .pdf file (the current default, the Gnome PDF Viewer, has serious
> rendering and performance problems with certain .pdf files and also doesn't
> appear to offer the ability to search a .pdf file). I have tried
> Settings->File Types and Programs, which I find completely unusable for this

Why use that? I wasn't aware it still existed in 2.12.3..

Use Open With functionality in nautilus to add another program.

To set a program as default:
1. Right click a pdf file
2. Choose properties
3. Click 'Open With' tab
4. Click the radio button before the program you want to have as default
5. Click Ok.

--
Regards,
Olav