Re: tracers when minimzing a window

I've been using Gnome for a couple months now. I tried KDE, but I think Gnome is a more polished and simple GUI. Anyway, there's something that bothers me: why are there black "tracers" when I minimize a window? I know this sounds trivial but it just doesn't look right. Is there a way to disable these and just have the window close without any animation (like when you click the "show desktop" icon).

Hi Tony,

You can turn this off by starting gconf-editor and ticking the reduced_resources option in

/apps/metacity/general

... but it also means you only get wireframes when moving a window.

There is some discussion about this on various mailing lists, so maybe soon ...?

I tried this but it didn't work. Nothing changed. By the way, I'm using Ubuntu Dapper.

Thanks,
Tony