Re: gdm not reading .bash_profile. Not even reading .xsession sometimes.

Dan,

Don't know if someone replied to this or not.

I don't know about standard start-up files but the way I do it is I have a small bash script that runs through the session manager.  Under Ubuntu this is in System->Preferences->Sessions.  There is a Startup Programs tabs where I list it.

Regards,

Steve