Am I just being thick -- re: templates ??

Hi;

I would like to set up three types of templates for use in the
right-click context menu -- 'Create Document'.

They are:
     1. Text (which would, after renaming and clicking, open the
        document in gedit)
     2. Emacs (which would, after renaming and clicking, open the
        document in  emacs)
     3. OOW (which would, after renaming and clicking, open the document
        in Open Office Writer)

Instead I keep getting the "Select an application to open Text [or
Emacs, or OOW] and others of Type 'plain text document'.  Changing the
properties for each template icon changes the 'Open With' designation
for them all.  Is there a way around this?  If I remember correctly, a
few Cores ago, I used to be able to set this up.

--
Regards Bill