How to make newly installed DVD burner visible in Nautilus "Computer" window

System: Debian Stable (Sarge)
Nautilus version: 2.8.2

When I installed Sarge on my dual boot (Win 98/Sarge) system, it had a
hard disk, a floppy drive, and a CD-R.  The installer  created the
following fstab:

proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hda3       /               ext2    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/hda2       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0       0
/dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0

It also configured Gnome with a desktop icon called Computer.  Clicking
Computer gives me a Nautilus window with four icons:

Network
Filesystem
CD-ROM 1
Floppy 1.

Now I have installed a new DVD-R drive.  It is /dev/hdd.

Can I rerun an install script so that Gnome will have an icon for the
DVD-R in the Computer window of EVERY USER?  Or, will this happen
automatically if I add an appropriate line to fstab for the DVD-R?  And,
what is the standard designation in the Computer window for a DVD-R
(i.e. the one that would be have been provided by the installer if the
DVD-R had been present when I installed Sarge and Gnome)?

I have searched the list archives for "dvd and nautilus and computer"
and various other keys, and I've looked through the Gnome Display
Manager Reference Manual and the System Administration Guide, but I
haven't found anything related to this question.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jack Dodds