Re: Strange colors in gnome menus after Xorg upgrade

O/H Brandon Kuczenski έγραψε:
On Sat, 22 Apr 2006, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:

I am using Gnome (i think 2.12.3) on a Debian system.

I just decided to upgrade my old XFree86 server to Xorg, since apparently that's what we're supposed to do and I thought it would solve some video card problems (it didn't -- but rendering is faster now).. then I upgraded gnome from 2.12.2 to 2.12.3 -- it only upgraded a few gnome packages and not all of them (there are several that still list 2.10.x version numbers, and many more that list, e.g. 2.12.1).

Anyway, everything seems to work fine... except the gnome 'foot' menu, tabs in gnome-terminal, and popup dialog boxes all have very peculiar colors. The foot menu is the most bizarre: every time I click on it it seems to come up a different color. Everything is supposed to be gray but it comes up, sometimes deep blue, sometimes pale yellow-faded, sometimes black (with black text, of course)... also, the borders of windows and things are occasionally strange colors. Everything seems to work normally except for this.

A further discovery (this substantially reduces the problem's scope): it seems to only affect the "Smokey Blue" theme. I've just changed themes to avoid the problem.. should I report this to some theme czar?
Can you take a screenshot of this? Pressing PrtSc will take a full screenshot of the screen, so it will depict any visual oddities.
Filing a bug report (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/) would be a good idea.
That's under Classification: Desktop, Application: gnome-themes, Component: theme-smokeyblue.
Post the bug report URL here for reference.

Cheers,
Simos