Re: Upgrade 2.12 from 2.10 on FreeBSD ...

I think that depends on how brave you are!

The standard "developer" method for obtaining GNOME is called garnome[1].  It's somewhat like ports, I believe.  On the other hand, FreeBSD.org is listing 2.12 as news[2], so there's probably a way to obtain it that way.

Hope that helps.

[1] http://cipherfunk.org/garnome/
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/newsflash.html