Re: what dotfile

You may also want to grab .gonf
If the permission are not write then you can login as root.
Then type chown username:username -R /home/username

That may give  you additional settings.

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 23:26 +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
Hi,
I have one notebook on which I setup my favorite preferences (shortcuts,
panels disposition/layout/behaviour, workspace names/number...)
I use GNOME 2.10
I want to override the gnome desktop settings on another computer ( a
desktop one) so that I dont lose my habits on the notebook.

I tried to overwrite .gnome, .gnome2, .gnome2_private, but I did not
have the workspace name nor the panels layout nor the application
launchers layout on the panel...

I guess I overwrote the wrong "dot-thing". What is the right one?

Thank you.