Re: working in an environment with LOTS of open windows

I've been playing around a little with gnome-terminal windows and have questions about how they become "stacked" in the toolbar when a lot of them are open:

1. Is it possible to tell the taskbar how many of them can be opened before they are stacked? I'd like to reduce this number very low (stack them as soon as a second one is opened).

2. Since the taskbar only stacks the same program (xterm windows are stacked together, gnome-terminal windows are stacked in their own pile),
is it possible to launch for example two gnome-terminals with their own
"stacking ids" which would put them in different piles on the taskbar?

If I can do both of these things then I could easily set up different stacks of terminal windows - one each for development, production, database, and then each stack would have lots of windows for each.

Thanks
Steve