Re: working in an environment with LOTS of open windows
- From: Steve Prior <sprior geekster com>
- To: gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: working in an environment with LOTS of open windows
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:03:43 -0500
I've been playing around a little with gnome-terminal windows and have
questions about how they become "stacked" in the toolbar when a lot of
them are open:
1. Is it possible to tell the taskbar how many of them can be opened
before they are stacked? I'd like to reduce this number very low (stack
them as soon as a second one is opened).
2. Since the taskbar only stacks the same program (xterm windows are
stacked together, gnome-terminal windows are stacked in their own pile),
is it possible to launch for example two gnome-terminals with their own
"stacking ids" which would put them in different piles on the taskbar?
If I can do both of these things then I could easily set up different
stacks of terminal windows - one each for development, production,
database, and then each stack would have lots of windows for each.
] [Thread Prev