printing quota management

Hi. I am a senior student at AAU, Ethiopia. I am trying to do my
project on printing quota management. I found your address at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-list/1998February/msg00758.html .
Can you please help me. What I'm trying to do is write a program that
gives a quota to every user on the network. 100 pages per month or
something. I want to know what happens when you click print. It goes
to the print server and is the print spooler always on? How does it
know when a print job is sent? Can I stop all print requests to go to
the spooler before enering my program. How can I know how many pages
have been printed? Any help on how I can inegrate my program with the
windows print spooler will be appreciated. Please I need some help. I
will be looking forward to hear from you soon. Thanks.

--
   Hayat