Re: sound juicer 2.10 and gstreamer-lame

Julien Langer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a little problem with sound juicer 2.10 and gstreamer-lame 0.8.8.
> I tried the following pipeline to rip audio tracks as VBR mp3s:
>
> audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc vbr=4 preset=1001
>
> However the created mp3 files behave a bit weird:
> -If I open them with beep-media-player or XMMS, the length of the tracks
> displayed in the playlist always "jumps" (Totem also displays wrong
> times for the tracks)
> -If I try to view the properties of these mp3s, nautilus hangs
> -beep-media-player/XMMS/Totem say, that these files are CBR mp3s with 32
> kbps
> -"file" says something like this:
> 01 - In The Meantime.mp3: MPEG ADTS, layer III, v1,  32 kBits, 44.1 kHz,
> JntStereo
>
> whereas proper VBR files (ripped with grip) look like this:
> A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms - 01 - The Hollow.mp3: MP3 file with ID3
> version 2.3.0 tag
>

> So is this a problem with the pipeline I used, or is it a bug with
> sound-juicer or gstreamer?

I have encountered exactly the same thing using command-line cdparanoia and lame
in a pipe (having cdparanoia output to stdout and lame encode from stdin). If I
rip a whole wav and run it through lame, the resulting mp3 is OK. Lame being the
only common thing, maybe the problem is in it.

s/HTH/I know this doesn't help too much/

Andrei

--
andrei badea movzx net # http://movzx.net # ICQ: 52641547