Re: Icon of "show desktop" panel applet not shown

Esben Stien wrote:
Bob Alexander <bob ngi it> writes:

tried that with the other 3 icon themes but problem does not seem to
get fixed.

Yup, I have exactly the same problem (gnome-panel-2.8.3). My main
menu, the gnome foot, is just a red cross on a white paper. Also many
other icons are like that when trying to add an applet to the
panel. They are working perfectly, but no correct icon.

I also have some weird problems with my "run" box; it's not displaying
the field to type in the command.

Esben,
my problem went away because of one or more of the following:

1) Changed icon theme a few times (now have one called simply GNOME)
2) Upgraded a few Gnome related packages which came up in the last sid apt-get upgrade run a few days ago

Good luck :)

Bob