gnome crashing on startup

Helo,

I have a Debian Linux installed and I'm trying to set up gnome graphical interface....

So I think everything is done with the system because my debian is running normaly...

When type startx, gnome seem to be starting up (I see no complete graphical interface and I can move the mouse cursor only) but it stops without a any reason....

My VGA card has been installed (RIVA TNT2 16MB).

I checked the log files in /var/log/gdm/ and I found nothing that show me the error...

After the Linux stops I can't do anything because the system is completly stopped

If anyone has already seen that... please give me some help about it.

Regards

Fabiano