Working in multiple windows

Hi everyone

I've been working in the Gnome desktop and have had annoying problems
working in multiple windows. If I move the cursor from one window to
another, the first window (that has focus) sometimes "sticks" to the
cursor when I attempt to select another window, so that when I click
in the second window rather than establishing focus, the first window
moves to the cursor position. Is there a way to resolve this?

Note: I'm working with Gnome 2.2.2 and with dual monitor  (Redhat WS 3)

--
Best Regards,