Re: gnome_vfs_get_registered_mime_types() - what to use instead

Ryan McDougall wrote:

On Thu, 2005-10-03 at 14:09 +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:
From the gnome-vfs API doc:

     Warning

gnome_vfs_get_registered_mime_types is deprecated and should not be used in newly-written code.

That's all very fine, but what do I use instead???

You might have better luck asking at gnome-vfs-list, gnome-devel-list,
or on IRC.
Oh no. Not yet another mailing list.

I do know the mime system was changed as of 2.6 (?), and GnomeVFS is
under active development and is not considered a stable public API.
Hmmm... Couldn't (shouldn't) the API be kept stable even though what's behind it changes?

Cheers,
Ryan