Nautilis loopy

Yesterday I was helping a user start using Sun's GNOME.
His peculiar setup was that he has a PC on his desk and
accesses Solaris via an Exceed X connection.

He was able to get into the system, but Nautilis just kept
crashing and restarting.

Eventually, we deleted all his gnome setup files, that
had just been created, and started again.  The second time,
things worked.

I had a somewhat similar weirdity last week.  A user was
starting to use gnome for the first time, after having used
CDE previously.  When he logged in,
gnome-panel kept crashing and restarting.  Eventually,
we set up a new .profile for him and then he was able to get logged
on.  The previous .profile didn't have anything obvious relating
to GNOME in it.

Sigh.

--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >