Re: Latex output function to console for C or Java?

On 2005-03-08, Timothy Mann <mann23 potsdam edu> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>  I want to write an application that has a function that takes a latex
> string  and displays it to the console. An example of this would be:
>
>   printLatex("$\epsilon$ a bunch of stuff $\Sigma$");
>
> or
>
>   printLatexFile("fileName.tex");
>
> Does anyone have any idea of how to do something like this. I would like
> to write a math application that takes advantage of latex without the need
> for a graphical user interface.Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> --Tim

Well, it is not as easy as it sounds.  Look at LyX as an
implementation example.

I'd guess that they implemented editor themselves.  Which is an
aproximation of what the document will look like when printed through
LaTeX.

The best alternative to LyX approach you can hope for is embedding DVI
viewer.