Latex output function to console for C or Java?

Hey Everyone,
 I want to write an application that has a function that takes a latex
string  and displays it to the console. An example of this would be:

  printLatex("$\epsilon$ a bunch of stuff $\Sigma$");

or

  printLatexFile("fileName.tex");

Does anyone have any idea of how to do something like this. I would like
to write a math application that takes advantage of latex without the need
for a graphical user interface.Thanks in advance for any help.

--Tim