Re: Change default application for file type?

Mark Ness wrote:

guenther wrote:

I am running Gnome 2.10 on a Debian Sid system. Currently, if I open an
mp3 file, from within a file browser window, the file is opened and
played by Totem. I would like it the default to be for it to open in
XMMS. How can I change this??

Use Nautilus, right click on any .mp3 file, chose "Open with other
Application" and set it to xmms. If xmms isn't in the lust of apps, use
"Use a custom command".

All currently available apps (as in the context menu) and the default
one to run a particular file type with are accessible by: Nautils, right
click on a file, "Open With".

...guenther
(For me) open with audio player = xmms

Also, to make it default, right click on the mp3, click properties, click open with tab, click audio player. Audio player will "drop off" the open with list but will become the default app.