Follow-up on updating Gnome

Yesterday someone on the list was kind enough to tell me how to get Gnome working properly after I updated my Debian to sarge. I moved all of my .g* directories to a backup file, and then Gnome started up correctly, and I was able to make changes to the set-up that persisted correctly, just as he had suggested would happen.

Unfortunately, I seemed to have lost my Netscape Navigator/Mail, and by the time that I had installed new versions of Firefox and Thunderbird, I had lost a batch of (pretty trivial) mail, including his note.

I want to thank him for his help. Also, he suggested that I should probably send a bug report to the Gnome folks. I still have the directory with the old .g* files, and I would be happy to submit the report if someone will tell me how.

Again, thanks to you, whoever you are.

Larry Hunsicker

--
Lawrence G. Hunsicker