Re: Tracking down a login performance problem

> Eventually, I realized that there was some program failing and
it was
> trying to re-start because it was in the Gnome session.  I did

> ps aux

> and saw a lot of programs running that I did not recognise, one
of them
> was "gnomemeeting".  After doing a kill -9 on that process id,
then the
> program was magically fixed.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll keep watching.  We've rebooted the
system, so there doesn't appear to be any lagging processes at
this time.  It's a real mystery.

--
Larry W. Virden <URL: mailto:lvirden cas org>
Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this