Re: Running GNOME apps on remote X display

I'm not sure about this, but I'm going to guess that you don't want to use
the remote machines theme. This is because the remote machine would have
to render the application and then send that image to your machine.(Please
correct me if I'm wrong!) In this case if your application was 300x300
pixels and your desktop was running at 16 bit color depth in order to
refresh the application, the remote system would need to send 1.8MB of
information.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the X-Windows system probably sends as
little information as possible to draw the application on a remote machine
and this does not include theme information. I hope this is helpful, but
keep in mind that I am just guessing.
--Tim