Re: cd/dvd burner

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 22:26 -0500, ajtiM wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am new to Gnome and i am searching for program like K3b for KDE. Are
> there something same for Gnome, please?

If you wish to create a bootable data cd from a ".iso" disk image, just
start the nautilus file browser, right-click the .iso file and select
"write to disk".

If you wish to write a set of files to a cd, then start the nautilus
file browser, select menu option "Go|CD Creator". A window will open
that you can then drag files into. Once done, select the "write to disk"
option.

I'm not sure how to create audio cds.

A google search quickly brought up this alternative:
  "gnome toaster" (http://gnometoaster.rulez.org/whatis.html)

All the above assumes gnome-2.8....

Regards,

Simon