Re: debian gnome

On Tue, 2005-22-02 at 21:20 -0500, Greg Foster wrote:
> I am running debian sarge with gnome 2.8 and gnome keeps freezing up
> randomly. About the only thing that works is the mouse.
> Can someone help please
> Greg

I'm afraid not, without more information. Does another desktop
(KDE/XFCE) freeze too? Have you tried "apt-ungetting" gnome in case the
software got corrupted that way? Are you building your own from source?

Basically I've got nothing to work with here.

ps. In my experience random freezes usually mean bad hardware...

Cheers,
Ryan