Gnome applet in 2.8

Hello,

I found some bugs in the Stickynotes applet and wanted to fix them. I
downloaded the source from the cvs and compiled it successfully with
--prefix=/hom/pankaj/temp/

So all the directory structure is created there. How do I run this
applet?

I tried

./stickynotes_applet
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_StickyNotesApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=47

but I see nothing in the panel. I do not want to overwrite the existing
Stickynotes applet.

PS:I am not on the list. Please CC me the reply's.
Cheers!
Pankaj
--
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

pub  1024D/94C525E2 2003-02-16
	 Fingerprint=7A60 AE0C C773 2CD2 74E3  29F4 EEFD CD6D 94C5 25E2