Idea: a gui for automatic ./configure && make

Hi all,
    as gnome user but more generally as linux user I continuosly have to
download source packages (I have learnt not to trust binary packages) and do
these repetitive things:

1) open a terminal
2) go to the folder where my browser puts downloaded files
3) tar -xvzf mydownloadedfile.tar.gz
4) ./configure && make && sudo make install

with a bit of luck everything goes well and I have the software installed.
After doing that steps for about 1000 times, I wonder: wouldn't it
*fantastic* to have a simple app with an icon on desktop where the user can
drag & drop source packages and then let that little utility to decompress
the file, run configure script and compile it ?

It would be very simple: it should handle drag & drops and eventually show
eventually the output log of the ./configure && make command if something
goes wrong.

Does anyone knows if such utility already exists ?

Thanks,
Francesco