How can administrator add icons to nautilus desktop for all users

Users are really pissed off that the Gnome-2.10 distributed with Fedora Core has no icon for the Firefox Web Browser on the desktop. It is easy to add one for a user, but I want to do it on a system-wide level.

I'm complete stumped on this question. Can't find anything in the Gnome Admin Manual. All I can find is info on how individual users can turn off particular icons, or add them. But nothing about how the administrator adds those icons in the first place.
--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn ku edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504