Problem Copying Directories in Gnome 2.10 File Manager

Hello,

I'm using Gnome 2.10 with SuSE 9.3. When I copy a directory from one location to another using the Gnome File Manager (right click, copy file, then paste), the creation date of the target directory (and all it's sub-directories) is dropped. If I do an 'ls -l' on the target directory (or it's sub-directories), the creation date shows as 1969-12-31. The creation date of all regular files (non-directories) is preserved.

Has anyone had this problem or found a solution to it? Is this a problem inherent in Gnome 2.10, or in the SuSE implementation of the Gnome desktop?

Thanks for your help.

Dom