Re: Menu

On Apr 10, 2005 6:25 AM, Ryan McDougall <NQG24419 nifty com> wrote:
On Sat, 2005-09-04 at 20:46 -0400, ajtiM wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am a new user of Gnome or. better former user of KDE :). I have a one
> question: how can i put application in menu. I like tu put for example
> application blabla to the Internet or some games in the Games. In te KDE is
> easy but in Gnome i don't know how.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mitja
>
> P.S.
>
> I have Gnome 2.10.0, Ubuntu

Unfortunately there is no GUI for doing this yet, since there was a
major change in the menu subsystem to accommodate a freedesktop
standard. There should be a gui editor for use in 2.12.

To add a new menu item:
1. right click on the desktop, create launcher, then fill in blabla
2. open a terminal and copy ~/Desktop/whatever.desktop to
~/.local/share/applications/blabla.desktop
3. edit the file and add Categories=Internet;

Cheers,
Ryan

Hi,
actullay there is another way to add an menu item in Gnome, you'll have to use the mouse, which I find also slower then keyboard.
Like above mentioned, go to submenu internet right click in the submenu Entire menu > Add new item to menu. and you'll get create launcher.

Greets
Peter
--
I have plenty of common sense,