Re: Setting environment variables

Hello Geoffrey,

Geoffrey wrote:

Andrei Badea wrote:

This interests me. Is your .xsession file run when you start your Gnome session through gdm? Mine isn't, and I'd like it to be, but I didn't find a correct way to do it.

.xsession is used when you start X with 'startx' and .Xclients is used when you start X with [xgk]dm. I simply create a sym link between the two, which might be the case for other folks.

Thank you for your answer. I tried to create a .Xclients file, but it isn't executed neither when gdm starts, nor when I log into my Gnome session. When is this file supposed to be run? I looked at gdm's scripts and it seems the .Xclients file is executed when you start a Xsession session. But that's not what I want to do. I want to start a Gnome session, but have a script in my home directory run. Is there any elegant way to do this?

I know I can add a "exec gnome-session" line to my .xsession. But that's exactly what I don't want, because I like the possibility to choose my session in gdm.

Thank you for any thoughts,
Andrei

--
andrei badea movzx net # http://movzx.net # ICQ: 52641547